Look for fun and interesting activities for your kids during indoor play? With this DIY play dough with essential oils we’ve got you covered! A great way for children to learn about aromatherapy and essential oils by learning new scents. Some fun essential oils to try are Wild Orange, Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, or Lavender.
2 cups flour
2 cups colored water
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.